The FDB electromagnetic spring brake (IP54/55) is a brake from the German firm PRECIMA.
It is a very reliable brake that can be used in all kinds of applications.
It is available in 10 different sizes and these are its main features:
- Braking power is produced by coil springs.
- The braking torque is generated in the absence of current.
- Brake release is effected electromagnetically.
In addition, we can offer variations of the brake depending on the requirements of each application:
- FDD series (IP54): FDD brakes offer double safety as they are two independent brakes mounted in series. They are approved under the EN 81 and BGV regulations for elevator brakes. A micro-switch (or an inductive sensor) can be mounted to monitor the state of the brake.
- FDR series (IP54): The FDR brake mounts two rotors, doubling the braking torque without hardly increasing its width (optimized use of space).
- FDS Series (IP65): This series was developed as a solution for applications that require an economical totally enclosed brake that is protected from dirt, dust or moisture. Due to the specially designed magnetic body, this brake is most effective as a holding or parking brake in emergency stops.
The spring brake is supplied ready to be mounted.
The air gap of the FDB, FDD and FDR brakes is preset before leaving the factory and it can be adjusted later without removing the motor brake.
Information on the FDB electromagnetic spring brake and all its series:
- Standard voltages are: 24 VDC, 48 VDC, 103 VDC, 180 VDC, and 205 VDC
- Special voltages are available on request
- No bearing or fixed bearing required on the brake side
- Standard: Degree of protection IP54 (mounted under the fan cover of electric motors).